Title: Registered Nurse – RN
Location: Chardon, OH
Responsible for planning, Implementing, documenting, and evaluating nursing care; Gives nursing care and related assistance to patients, those who are critically ill; Performs functions of nursing care, teaching, and leadership in health care center.
(Listed in order of importance, frequency or sequence, 1=most important/frequent, etc.). NOTE: Indicate non-essential accountabilities with an asterisk*. All other functions are “absolutely necessary for this job”.
- Responsible for providing nursing care per physician’s orders and in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures and with Infirmary policies.
- Responsible for knowledge of assigned patients’ conditions always; for recognizing and interpreting symptoms and reporting patient’s conditions.
- Responsible for treatments ordered for the patients in her care.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete records of nursing observations and care; for developing nursing plans for her patients.
- Responsible for being a role model for other nursing personnel.
- Has authority to direct activities of L.P.N.’s and/or Nursing Assistants working on her Team In the delivery of patient care.
- Has authority to Institute nursing measures to facilitate patient care insofar as she is qualified to do so.
- Assesses nursing needs of assigned patients, determines nursing problems, and develops and/or updates plan of care; coordinates nursing plan of care with medical plan of treatment.
- Checks on all assigned patients at least twice on her shift to ascertain their overall condition and response to medication and/or treatment.
- Performs nursing care for those patients requiring the Judgment and skills of a professional nurse.
- May administer routine P.O. and I.M. medications as prescribed by the physician. Makes nursing judgments on the need for administering P.R.N. medications.
- May administer I.V. therapy by performing venipuncture’s if qualified; monitor I.V. therapy closely; may administer I.V. push and drip medications as ordered by a physician.
- May perform routine and special treatments, dressings, and other nursing services as prescribed.
- Makes observations, reports and records symptoms and conditions of patients. Initiates appropriate therapeutic nursing measures.
- Maintains patients’ records with complete, concise, and pertinent information.
- Notes and carries out Physician’s written orders.
- May accept and carry out physician’s verbal and telephone orders In the absence of the Head Nurse or her Assistant; Is responsible for writing these orders on the Medical Record in the patient’s chart.
- Assists the physicians with treatments.
- Instructs patients to be discharged and documents discharge planning.
- Encourages and motivates patients to participate in activities planned for them.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Registered Nurse licensed to practive in Ohio.
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in geriatric nursing.
Must be able to provide nursing care for patients, including but not limited to; administering medications to patients, providing basic care to patients, standing for long periods of time, and the ability to walk/run long distances in the event of an emergency. Basic patient care includes grooming, toileting, lifting/repositioning of a patient, and the ability to lift items/equipment with a weight of up to 50 lbs.
Click here to download a copy of the above.