LOCATION: Chardon, OH
TYPE: Hourly, Full-time
The Housekeeping staff is responsible for cleaning and housekeeping in patient, public, residential, and administrative areas and for maintaining a sanitized and well-groomed internal environment to ensure a proper and safe environment of care for all sisters, students, staff, employees and visitors.
- Provide cleaning and housekeeping services for the building’s interior patient, resident and non-patient areas in accordance with established administrative/department policies and procedures.
- General cleaning responsibilities such as sweeping, dusting, mopping, polishing and emptying trash,
- Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience.
- All general cleaning is done on a daily, weekly, monthly, biannual and yearly basis as established by internal housekeeping standards.
- Operate and utilize vacuuming, power cleaning, scrubbing, spotting and polishing equipment as needed, required or directed.
- Notify the Facilities Director of any equipment with obvious problems needing repair and generate work order requests.
- General cleaning responsibilities of clinical areas and non-clinical areas includes the use of several chemicals, but not limited to: disinfectants, sanitizers, all-purpose cleaning agents, degreasers, commercial dishwashing soaps, acid-based toilet bowl cleaners, oil soap for woodwork, glass cleaners.
- Maintain service utility closets in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Maintain all housekeeping cleaning power equipment (vacuums, scrubbers, buffers, suction machines, mop buckets and wringers, etc.)
- Maintain supply shelves in orderly fashion
- Maintain and fill supplies on housekeeping carts.
- Fill out work requests and requisitions of supplies forms and other job records in accordance with prescribed procedures and in a timely manner.
- Ability to move furniture as needed
- Ability to climb a 3-step ladder.
- Ability to use/learn various machines and equipment including scrubbers, carpet extractors, suction machines, floor buffers, mops, wringers, brooms and vacuums.
- Must possess sufficient physical ability to perform necessary lifting, bending, kneeling, twisting, turning, pushing, pulling, reaching above the head, reaching below the knees, standing, walking, etc. as position requires.
- Ability to push 140lb housekeeping cart.
- Ability to lift approximately 55 lbs (full mop bucket with wringer).
- Required to work at any satellite SND facility.
- Required to carry a radio and cellphone if deemed necessary and to respond to all employer calls.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to read and write
- Work experience in a related housekeeping, custodial, floor care field.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions
- Demonstrated initiative and aptitude for physical labor, cleaning, emptying trash and other routine tasks.