Title: Dietary Aide
Location: Chardon, Ohio
In keeping with our organization’s tradition, we seek to enhance the quality of life and holistic growth of older persons by providing high quality service in a cheerful, timely manner and by communicating, coordinating, and cooperating with others to attain goals.
Provide food service to residents, guests, and employees under sanitary conditions. To provide assistance in all dietary functions as directed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures.
Performs other appropriate related and unrelated assigned duties
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Licensure/Certification: none
- Experince: none
SPECIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
1. Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress related to working with persons who are ill, disabled, elderly and/or emotionally upset.
2. Must be able to communicate in English.
3. Must be detailed oriented and have excellent literacy and writing, documentation, communications and interpersonal abilities.
4. Must be able to use tools and equipment required.
5. Must have knowledge of elementary math (ex. counting trays).
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The Americans with Disability Act prohibits discrimination against a qualified individual with a disability. To be qualified for this position an individual must meet the following standards and/or be able to perform the highlighted essential functions and activities.
1. Must be free of diseases that may be transmitted in the performance of job responsibilities during the stage of communicability unless person can be given duties that minimize the likelihood of transmission. [ORC 3701-17-07(B)]
2. Must be certified by a physician as medically capable of performing the duties prescribed for this position. [ORC 3701-17-07(D)] This examination includes a urine drug screening and TB testing.
3. An individual in this position will be required to lift or carry weight in the following range:
- up to 10 lbs 11-24 lbs 25-34 lbs 35-50 lbs 51-74 lbs 75-100 lbs
- more than 100 lbs
4. The essential sensory and communicative activities include:
- FEELING SEEING SPEAKING HEARING SMELLING TASTING
The Dietary Aide is responsible to the Dietary Supervisor
Click here to download a copy of the above.