Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Location: Lourdes Hall – Covington, KY
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), under the direction of the Director of Healthcare, directs and manages the nursing care for the residents of Lourdes Hall and Assisted Living at the Provincial House. The LPN provides a wide variety of patient care functions ensuring for the care and comfort of the residents within the limits of LPN licensure.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Functions as the nurse in charge on the shift, including supervising other Lourdes Hall Staff under the supervision of the Director of Healthcare (DOH).
- Assesses and monitors residents’ conditions and takes appropriate action, including all necessary documentation and communication to DOH and nurse on the next shift.
- Prepares, administers, records and orders all medications in a safe, appropriate, and timely manner following the policy regarding administration of medications by a L.P.N. Ensures medication administration records(MAR’S) are complete and accurate each month.
- Documents care and updates MedPro Files according to professional nursing practice and organizational policies, while maintaining confidentiality of verbal and written information regarding the residents.
- Provides direct care to residents as needed alone or in conjunction with Nursing Assistant or DOH.
- Responds promptly, pleasantly and effectively to call signals and fulfills residents’ requests in a reasonable amount of time.
- Supports the philosophy and policies of the facility and interprets to new staff as necessary.
- Facilitates an environment of wellness, promoting maximum independence for each resident throughout the Provincial House.
- Provides emergency assistance to all residents and staff in the Provincial House.
- Participates in reports, care conferences, in-service sessions, and staff meetings.
- Assists to ensure that all residents’ forms for doctors’ visits are prepared properly and accurately. Runs reports from the computer as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fire and safety plans, as well as universal precautions and isolation procedures.
- Pursues educational opportunities to facilitate personal and professional growth and development.
- Provides necessary services to maintain home environment of the residents.
- Other related duties and responsibilities within the scope of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Current license to practice as Licensed Practical Nurse in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, maintains licensure in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and presents a copy of license with each annual renewal.
- Two years successful experience in the field of nursing and/or gerontology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and utilize professional educational materials, and willing to update required nursing skills.
- Ability to establish and rearrange priorities.
- Ability to communicate with direct staff as needs arise.
- Ability to approach people in a manner, which creates harmony and promotes cooperation.
- This position may entail working on any of the three shifts. This position may be required to assist on other shifts due to absences, or change in census. This position requires working week-ends.
- Must be able to stand for lengthy periods of time
- Must be able to push, pull, and stretch and lift 50 pounds
- Exposure to latex and other medical materials
- Must be able to uphold Infection Control Standards and Occupational Safety and Hazard Standards within the work environment.
The Licensed Practical nurse is directly accountable to the Director of Nursing.
Click here to download a copy of the above.