STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Chardon, OH
This is a great opportunity to join a great organization. We are seeking a quality minded Retail Manager for our Chardon campus. The Retail Manager is responsible for managing the dining room and Grab-n-Go retail venue. The Retail Manager will work alongside a crew of dedicated servers, retail and culinary staff serving our residents. Provide leadership and guidance to ensure that food quality, safety standards, and client expectations are met.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The ability to develop menus (Grab-n-go/retail) while maintaining recipes using a formal recipe program (Blueprint or Cbord)
- Full management of the front of the house operation to include retail offerings, pars, labeling, rotation, and transactions
- Knowledge of food trends with a focus on quality, production, and presentation
- Work with management team to develop themed meals and monotony breakers
- Excellent leadership and training skills along with good written and verbal communications
- Familiar with online ordering systems
- Interview, hire, train, coach, evaluate, reward and discipline employees when necessary
- Research, respond and communicate concerns regarding menu offerings, service, quality, and dining accommodations.
- Manage the team that executes serving and cleaning tasks, ensuring residents are served promptly, efficiently, and safely.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving leave requests, scheduling, monitoring employee time and payroll.
- Manage inventory, food waste, and equipment maintenance while operating within Food Production budget.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of restaurant/retail experience desired. Strong customer service skills a plus.
- Servsafe Certified and good working knowledge of HACCP
- Well versed in state and federal food regulations.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining composure. Must be able to give and take direction and foster a team approach. Must exhibit professionalism and composure when resolving customer related concerns.