LOCATION: Chardon, OH
Provides all basic care services as required by the patient. Provides support in hygiene, grooming, toileting, mobility and eating, Assists with new patients’ adjustment to environment and routines. Maintains patient areas and work areas in a clean, safe and orderly manner. Always treats patients with respect and full recognition of their individuality. Understands and promotes standards to avoid spread of infection and contagious illnesses. Performs other duties relating to patient care when assigned within limits of training. Communicate with patient, nurses, and doctor to provide superior care. Recognizes that the Provincial Center is the Sisters’ home and works to foster that atmosphere.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Follow established performance standards and performs duties according to nursing service policies and procedures.
- Identify special resident problems and reports them immediately to the RN supervisor/ Director of Nursing and accurately documents incidents and/or unusual problems according to established facility procedures.
- Be actively aware and involved in the resident’s safety. Works with the rest of the staff to maintain a safe environment by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations, reports them and initiates corrective action immediately.
- Conduct patient rounds daily, provide nursing care and corrective action as necessary to patients without violating patients’ rights and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner. Seek assistance from Nurse, RN supervisor or Director of Nursing if needed.
- Participate in facility education programs as assigned, attend all classes as assigned and complete assignments accurately and timely.
- Participate in patient Care Plans and other facility meetings as assigned.
- Participate in the development of an individual plan of care for patients assigned. Review care plan daily and perform nurse aide duties as outlined.
- Document in the nurse assistant notes or nurse assistant flow sheets each shift of duty regarding care and treatment provided to the patient and the patients response or lack of response provided, per facility policy.
- Demonstrate concern for all patients’ welfare by rendering immediate assistance to any patient in need.
- Report changes in patient’s condition immediately to Nurse, RN supervisor or Director of Nursing.
- Follow facility procedures for admission, discharge and transfer of residents and complete all documentation accurately and timely.
- Foster an atmosphere of teamwork and convey an attitude of understanding, trust, concern, and sensitivity to all persons.
- Work cooperative with residents, RN supervisors, Nurses, Restorative Assistants, Therapy Department, other nursing assistants, physicians, and SND personnel
- Always maintain confidentiality regarding Sisters and their medical care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- STNA certification
- 1-3 years of nursing assistant experience.
Must be able to provide care for patients, stand for long periods of time, and be able to walk/run long distances in the event of an emergency. Basic patient care includes grooming, toileting, lifting/repositioning of a patient, and the ability to lift items/equipment with a weight of up to 50 lbs.