LOCATION: Covington, KY
STATUS: Temporary, 20-40 hours/week during the summer
The Development Assistant is primarily responsible for helping to carry out the needs that help in advancing the mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame. As a development role, this primarily includes administrative duties, communication and media creation, and event assistance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for helping carry out donation processing (i.e. forwarding donation information, thank you letters, record keeping, etc.)
- Conduct data cleanups and maintain accurate records
- Help to create and schedule content for Facebook, Constant Contact, and other media platforms
- Development and organization of the 4th of July Festival (helps work the event July 4th)
- Create and assemble various donor output materials (i.e. donor mailings, birthday cards, prayer cards, etc.)
- Assist setting up events (i.e. Memorial Mass, Donor Dinner, Volunteer dinner, Jubilee, etc.)
- Provide administrative support to the Mission Advancement Manager.
- Attend necessary meetings and relevant SND functions
- Other duties as necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proficient computer skills and basic knowledge of office equipment
- Familiarity in working with databases (Razor’s Edge preferred)
- Basic knowledge of social media and content creation tools (Canva)
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of and commitment to SND Mission and understanding of the concept of development in a religious community
- Ability to approach and work with people both internally and externally in a manner that creates harmony and promotes cooperation—from staff to Sisters
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
This is an internship position working 20-40 hours/week during the summer. This position does require flexibility in hours depending on events.
The Mission Advancement Intern will report directly to Margie Schnelle.
Click here to download a copy of the above.