LOCATION: Toledo, OH
The Training & Development/Human Resources Manager is responsible for the people functions in our Toledo region including talent acquisition, onboarding, total rewards, performance management, employee relations, and payroll, and will work closely with members of the SND USA HR team to implement HR programs and initiatives. This role also leads training and development initiatives organization-wide, with responsibility of assessing, creating, implementing and conducting development opportunities to improve performance of the organization’s managers and employees.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with SND managers, employees, Sisters, and members of sponsored organizations.
- · Serves as a resource to managers and employees for HR questions, interpreting and administering HR policies and procedures, and assisting with resolution of HR issues.
- · Provides advice and guidance to management in documentation and communicating solutions (including disciplinary action if applicable) for employee issues; oversees employee disciplinary meetings, investigations, and terminations.
- · Manages talent acquisition process for open positions (i.e., job postings, coordination of interviews, background/reference checks, job offers, etc.).
- · Onboards new hires, ensuring a welcoming and informative experience, in accordance with SND USA onboarding practices.
- · Conducts exit interviews.
- · Facilitates organization-wide HR initiatives for Toledo region (i.e., annual performance review and salary adjustment process, benefits open enrollment, employee engagement surveys, etc.).
- · Assists with payroll function by reviewing timecards, addressing questions and issues related to time worked/time off and pay rates.
- · Ensures the Toledo region is compliant with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, and the organization overall is maintaining compliance as it relates to training requirements.
- · Assesses training and development needs.
- · Creates, organizes, plans, and presents training and development programs using a variety of formats addressing training and development needs.
- · Creates and/or acquires training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials.
- · Maintains records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements.
- · Assesses training materials prepared by any external training instructors and coordinates external training when needed.
- · Evaluates program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
- · Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in training and development.
- · Upholds the mission and values of SND USA.
- · Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- · Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Human Resources in Generalist, HR Business Partner, or HR Manager roles.
- · Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in training and development.
- · Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field preferred.
- · Thorough understanding of Human Resource functions including training and development; employment law; talent acquisition and onboarding; employee relations; and compensation, benefit, and leave administration.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- · Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- · Outstanding presentation skills.
- · Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- · Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- · Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- · Ability to prioritize tasks.
- · Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- · Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- · Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- · Ability to design and implement effective training and development programs.
- · Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and related program software.
- · Advanced proficiency with HRIS systems; prior experience with Paylocity preferred.
- · SHRM-CP or SCP and APTD or CPTD certifications preferred.
- · Memberships with SHRM and ATD preferred