Title: Dining Service Manager
Location: Chardon, Ohio
In keeping with our organization’s tradition, we seek to enhance the quality of life and holistic growth of older persons by providing high quality service in a cheerful, timely manner and by communicating, coordinating, and cooperating with others to attain goals.
As a Dining Service Manager, you will fit right in with our culture of excellence while you organize, plan, and lead your team in multiple dining areas. Responsible for the prep and serving of three meals daily. Manage employee training, scheduling, time keeping, and disciplinary actions. Provide leadership and guidance to ensure that food quality, safety standards, and client expectations are met.
- Ensure strict compliance with health and safety regulations governing food preparation, serving, and departmental maintenance for multiple dining rooms.
- Monitor and manage pre-meal preparation, portion sizing, and presentation to minimize waste and make sure guests are presented with food that tastes and looks appetizing.
- Review and effectively manage special diets and diet systems. Counsel residents and train staff regarding special diet needs.
- Interview, hire, train, coach, evaluate, reward and discipline employees when necessary.
- Work as part of team planning menus while ensuring that fresh ingredients are utilized during appropriate seasons.
- Order and receive food, beverage, and supplies, ensuring that all deliveries match the content and quantities ordered while following HACCP receiving guidelines.
- Research, respond and communicate concerns regarding menu offerings, service, quality, and dining accommodations.
- Manage the team that executes serving and cleaning tasks, ensuring residents are served promptly, efficiently, and safely.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving leave requests, scheduling, monitoring employee time and payroll.
- Manage inventory, food waste, and equipment maintenance while operating within Dining Service budget.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of food service supervisory/management experience.
- Associates, Culinary or Bachelor’s degree in Food & Nutrition preferred. Willing to obtain Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) Reimbursed
- Knowledge of state and federal food regulations.
- This is a full-time position.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Every other weekend, and holidays required.
The Dining Service Manager is responsible to the Director of Food Services.
Click here to download a copy of the above.