Title: Sr. Human Resource Manager
Location: Chardon, OH
Type: Full Time, Salaried
The Sr. Human Resource Manager is responsible for the people functions in our Chardon location and working with our SND USA HR Team. This role is responsible for providing HR leadership specifically in the areas of employee relations, talent and performance management, payroll, training and development, benefits administration, and compensation analysis. In addition, the Sr. HR Manager is responsible for communication to Employees and Sisters regarding policy changes and updates.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Upholds the mission and values of SND USA.
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting, and administering HR Policies & Procedures and helping resolve work-related problems where applicable.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work and development of all lay staff.
- Coordinates with managers for development of employees and succession planning.
- Provides advice and guidance to management in documentation and communicating solutions (including disciplinary action if applicable) for employee issues as well in assisting management in the development of positive employee development plans.
- Advises managers on organizational policy matters, such as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Americans with Disability Act, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Harassment and various other policies and recommends needed changes.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Builds effective working relationships within the organization, delivering high-quality professional services with guidance from management and leadership.
- Partner with the SND USA HR Team to develop and administer HR policies & practices that enable a positive employee relations environment.
- Maintains and updates HR documents such as organizational charts, employee handbooks or directories, performance evaluation forms, etc.
- Assists management in determining workforce requirements for assigned areas and partners with the HR Generalist to develop appropriate recruitment strategies to meet current and projected needs.
- Responsible for compensation administration, which includes updating pay ranges annually and ensures that merit guidelines and increases fall within assigned compensation ranges.
- Assists in developing, recommending, and implementing human resources policies and procedures.
- Partners with the SND USA HR team to develop and maintaining effective recognition activities and anniversary awards.
- Conducts, attends, and participates in employee and manager meetings as scheduled.
- Participates in training and professional development in order to maintain professional licensure, enhance skills and knowledge base.
- Conducts exit interviews at the conclusion of employment. Makes recommendations to leadership based on suggestions from these interviews.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources.
- Fifteen plus years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Thorough understanding of Human Resource functions including recruitment and employment; employee relations, compensation, and benefit administration; training and coaching and advising of line managers.
- Working knowledge of Human Resource principles, practices, and associated government laws and regulations.
- Excellent organizational human relations and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Human Resource information systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
This position may entail evening and weekend work. Must live the mission of SND USA and maintain and build a positive work environment.
This position reports to the Director of Human Resources for SND USA.
Click here to download a copy of the above.