STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
The Household Assistant is primarily responsible for the daily nutritional needs of the sisters who reside at the SND Center. Attend to daily house cleaning of the residence, (in accordance with the Philosophy of Aging of the Sisters of Notre Dame. A high quality of personnel performance (in compliance with the SND USA Employee Handbook).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Integrates the charism, values, mission and philosophy of SND in all services
· Develops a two-week menu plan and presents it to the Household Minister prior to the two weeks.
· Prepares meals in line with safe and healthful dietary practice and within a set food budget that are nutritious and tasty.
· Provides a welcoming and wholesome dining experience for the sisters.
· Performs duties of dishwashing, storage of clean dishes, flatware, food containers, pots and pans and other equipment using appropriate techniques and equipment to maintain sanitary conditions.
· Performs daily housekeeping duties and laundry duties necessary to maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
· Performs spring and fall housekeeping duties according to established plan.
· Promotes a positive and caring environment for the sisters in residence.
· Possesses the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Completion of an Ohio Serv-Safe Certificate.
2. Completion of CPR and defibrillator training.
3. Ability to work as a positive and active team member.
4. Knowledge of resident care and dedication to residents.
5. Physical mobility, dexterity, and ability to lift 30 lbs.
6. Ability to stand for 8 hours at a time
7. Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.