LOCATION: Chardon, OH
Sisters of Notre Dame, USA is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our IT team! This is a great opportunity to be part of an organization that offers a rewarding work environment, competitive compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the management and administration of SND USA’s IT infrastructure, ensuring seamless operations and the highest level of security. This role plans, coordinates, and directs computer-related activities (i.e., network equipment, maintenance of servers, security measures, management of Office 365 and Azure services, etc.).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Manage and maintain SND’s Cisco Phone System, including configuration, troubleshooting, and user support.
- Administer and oversee the configuration, monitoring, and maintenance of Cisco network equipment, such as switches and routers.
- Manage and configure the Sonicwall Firewall to ensure network security and firewall rules are in place.
- Administer Ubiquiti network equipment, including access points and switches, to ensure optimal network performance.
- Implement and monitor security protocols, threat detection systems, and intrusion prevention measures to safeguard our network from cyber threats.
- Plan and execute phishing campaigns to educate employees on security best practices and identify potential vulnerabilities.
- Manage Office 365 services, including user provisioning, email configuration, and collaboration tools to enhance productivity.
- Administer Azure services, including virtual machines, cloud resources, and identity management to support cloud-based solutions.
- Establish and manage both onsite and offsite backup solutions, ensuring data integrity and disaster recovery preparedness.
- Perform routine server maintenance, updates, and patches. Monitor server performance and troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Maintain back-office system and keep them updated. For example: Food Service Point of Sale system, Security Systems, RFT Wander Guard, etc.
- Responsible for Help Desk tickets related to the systems outlined above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Cisco certification preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience administering Cisco network equipment, Sonicwall Firewall, and Ubiquiti network equipment.
- Proficiency in Office 365 and Azure administration.
- Experience with backup, disaster recovery solutions, and server maintenance and monitoring tools.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
This position may entail evening and weekend work. Must live the mission of SND USA and maintain and build a positive work environment.