Title: Director of Advancement
Location: Toledo, Ohio
The Director of Advancement at the Sisters of Notre Dame is primarily responsible for collaborating with the sisters and others in advancing the mission and charism of the Sisters of Notre Dame. The Director of Advancement is responsible for providing innovative and strategic leadership for the Advancement Department. Through a variety of platforms, the Development Director identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards donors to support the mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame as well as oversees all advancement responsibilities. The Director is the chief advisor in matters relating to advancement in the Toledo region. The Director may sit on various committees and take responsibility for managing strategic initiatives as they relate to funding priorities and the furthering of our mission and charism in the Church and in the world.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining a deep respect and an ability to articulate and be committed to the mission, core values and vision of the Sisters of Notre Dame.
- Building a strong fundraising program and working with advancement staff to achieve fundraising goals.
- Overseeing advancement office personnel activities, including the hiring, definition of job responsibilities and performance review of staff.
- Stewarding donors and managing a portfolio of major prospects, providing strategies for developing major donors and ensuring timely steps are taken toward solicitation.
- Continuing to cultivate donors through improved communication.
- Working with all Advancement regional offices to establish event and campaign based fundraising strategies, policies and plans.
- Strategizing sources of funding through grants and donors, both locally and nationally.
- Determining the best methods for communicating with all constituent groups connected with the Sisters of Notre Dame.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
1. Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
2. CFRE certification and/or member of National Society of Fund-raising Executives desired
3. Five to seven years of experience in advancement, formulating and executing successful ongoing fundraising plans and experience with larger capital campaigns.
4. Proven ability to cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts.
5. Strong management and leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to build, manage, mentor and motivate an effective team.
6. Collaborative skills to work effectively with the various teams in the other regions, the ability to maintain confidentiality and to exhibit good judgment in making decision.
7. Ability to direct strategy.
8. Excellent written and oral communications, computer, and research proficiency (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge a plus).
9. A consummate team player with the Advancement staffs in all regions.
Click here to download a copy of the above.