Title: Lourdes Hall Dietary Aide
Location: Lourdes Hall – Covington, KY
The Lourdes Hall Dietary Aide is responsible for attending to the daily nutritional needs and general well-being of the Sisters of Notre Dame (SND) who reside in our Lourdes Hall Care Center. This position will be responsible for serving serving breakfast and lunch meals and all clean up after the meals in our Lourdes Hall Care Facility.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves breakfast and lunch to the residents in the Lourdes Hall and as needed. Takes meal trays to rooms.
- Responsible for cleaning both the dietary kitchen and dining room areas.
- Prepares kitchen and dining rooms for lunch and the evening meals.
- Work closely with the Local Coordinator to ensure that all supplies are in stock and reordered as needed.
- Participate in resident care by assisting with chair transfers, and transporting residents to and from dining rooms for meals and activities.
- Provide needed meal trays along with requested snacks and drinks to the residents rooms.
- Assists the Activity Coordinator with serving refreshments at morning and afternoon activities and provide to residents room as needed.
- Assist in answering call lights and general telephone calls and notify appropriate staff.
- Review the work-study done by the evening dietary aides and create their work schedules.
- Incumbents will abide by a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement regarding the “Protected Health Information” as described under federal and state law and any and all other personal information which the Sister and SND deems to be confidential.
- Assists in maintaining a healthful environment by by following safe food handling procedures, which will be supplied by our Dietary Department, which include washing hands frequently, cleaning up spills, and sanitizing as necessary. Assists in maintaining healthful environment by following safe food handling procedures, which will be supplied by our Dietary Department.
- Maintains high quality of personnel performance in compliance with the SND Employee Handbook.
- Performs duties of dishwashing, storage of clean dishes, flatware, food containers, pots and pans and other equipment using appropriate technique and equipment to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Maintains constructive interpersonal relationships and promotes a positive caring environment for the Sisters in residence.
- Maintains neat appearance and conformity to established dress code.
- Utilizes appropriate lines of communication with the Local Coordinator to effectively resolve problems and answer questions.
- Demonstrates ability to function according to established fire and other emergency plans.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Performs other duties as required or as requested by the Local Coordinator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must possess physical mobility, dexterity and repetitive lifting of up to 20 lbs.
- Able to work as a positive and active team member.
- Able to maintain a clean, orderly work place.
- Associates’ degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in commercial food prep.
- Able to operate kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Must be able to read, speak, write and understand English.
- Must be able to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
This is a full-time position, from 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday -Friday, excluding holidays.
The Lourdes Hall Dietary Aide reports to the Local Coordinator.
Click here to download a copy of the above.